In modern society beautiful teeth are important for self-esteem and a sense of well-being. They want teeth that offer value for money, a natural appearance and more durability.
Lava crowns and bridges are made from zirconium oxide (zirconia) and are suitable for anterior and posterior applications for up to 4 units in lenght without any compromise of the lifespan of the restoration. Zirconium oxide combines natural appearance with the exceptional strength. The fracture strenght of a zirconia crown is many times higher than that of the conventional ceramic materials.
Some of the benefits of 3M Lava Zirconia are these:
- Superior strenght of zirconia with high fracture resistance
- Excellent aesthetics and translucency
- Oustanding marginal fit
- Zirconium Dioxide substructure
- Ceramic layering material
- Anterior: crown, 3-8 unit bridge
- Posterior: crown, 3-8 unit bridge, inlay onlay, inlay bridge
- >1000 MPa
- Conventional cement
- Resin cement
- Resin-reinforced glass ionomer